Monday, May 12, 2008

Calton Hill Wedding

Conducting weddings in and around Edinburgh always reminds me of how lucky I am to live and work in such a beautiful city. Rik and Jane got permission to have their wedding on Edinburgh's Calton Hill. It is really easy to moan about bureaucracy but I am very impressed with the council (or whoever gives out permission for such events) for allowing couples to use the hill and have the backdrop of the city as a venue for their wedding.

Rik and Jane had some fabulous guests, not least the bride's glamorous sisters:



Here comes the bride with her son who also had the honour of being the best man.



Their friend Anne read a very personal and moving speech.



This tourist simply had to have her picture taken with the happy couple!



And here they are, just after signing the paperwork which you can see me finishing off on the bonnet of a Moris Minor!



Jane and Rik care very deeply about the world around them and this was expressed in the ceremony. They are a lovely couple and I was so happy to see the sun come out for them!

1 comment:

Firecrow69 said...

This was such a beautiful, memorable day and I was so proud to be part of it. Ann M